Monday, October 31, 2011

Taz's Ending Thoughts

First I'd like to say thanks. Thanks to all the family and friends who support(or hold their breath) the crazy adventures I do and to the family and friends of those that are with me on this adventure. Without your calls, emails, texts, Facebook comments this would have been an even longer trip!

Next I would like to congratulate all four of the people I have with me...Bob, Cindy, Basil and even Karlie our Driver. What was done takes courage to even attempt and is only accomplished by a hand full of people. It is something to be proud of!

I would like to think that this trip will change each one of these guys in some way down deep that fits their future. I know my first trip definitely had that affect one me. Actually, it totally turned my life upside down and made me know that any goal I set or dream I dreamed I could make happen. A trip like this teaches you patience and perseverance and gives you the unbelievable confidence to attempt nearly anything (say like an Ironman when you do not even know how to swim and you've never been runner before other than up and down a basketball court in HS, or move to a new state where you know zero people).

For those of you that have been watching and dreaming of your own adventure like this...do it...do it soon. Your job or another one like it will be there when you get back. You only have one life. Live it now, cause you don't know what is going to happen that could cut it short. I and the others here will all tell you that you will not have ANY regrets if you get out and go for it. You will likely have more regrets that you did not do it sooner! Oh and call me to go with you...I'm likely to say yes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment