Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An Eventful Day for Karlie


Leaving New Roads, LA, I was blindly f0ll0wing the GPS, it told me to board a ferry that no longer existed. Therefore I was forced to do a 12 point U turn with the van in the pouring rain. In the middle of this epic turn around a golden lab comes limping out of the trees soaking wet and comes up to the van.

I get out to check her out and it looked like her leg had been broken and then healed wrong and that she had been trying to walk on it for some time. She had a collar on and it said her name was Coco. I called the number on the collar and a man answered but when I mentioned the dog there seemed to be on one on the phone, I was yelling into the phone for about a minute with no answer. I loaded Coco into the van and gave her food and water, she was extremely skinny, wet and cold. I then had a crying session because of how nice and sweet this dog was but how terrible her condition was. Tito and Shasta got tired of me hugging and kissing them because I was so happy they were healthy and safe. So as I drove to the vets (which the GPS took me to a nonexistent one first but the second one turned out to be real) I called the number on the collar about 20 times and left a few messages. At the vets I met with animal control officer Me-Me, a very nice tall, fat. white guy with a full beard and a deep voice. I carried Coco into the vets so that she could get checked out and Me-Me was kind enough to give me directions across the Mississippi river and get me back on track. After I crossed the river I got a call from the number and the man explained that Coco's paw had been paralyzed in a car accent over a year ago, she had escaped from her dog sitters house over a month ago and had been missing. I gave him Me-Me's number and I truly hope that he picked her up and she is back home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment